The package is including the following items:
> DJI Phantom 4 (pro) mounting adapter + connection cables for installation on own Phantom 4 (pro)
> 3 axis FLIR gimbal with integrated 5.8 Ghz transmitter
> 7″ LCD screen (for thermal) with build in 5.8 Ghz receiver
> FLIR LCD touch remote control unit (for full control over FLIR camera) USA 915,6MHZ / EU 869,5Mhz
> FLIR thermal camera (VUE 336 included, can optionally be upgraded)
- Easy to use Phantom with thermal FLIR thermal camera operations as diverse as industrial inspection, solar panel inspection, search and rescue and pipeline surveys etc.
- This package is ‘do-it-yourself’ installation for installation on own Phantom 4 (pro). The package is complete and provided with the thermal FLIR camera (FLIR is the most popular brand worldwide in thermal imaging)
- Dual screen: Watch daylight and thermal view simultaneously on two screens.
- This setup is provided with an additional DRONExpert LCD touch controller, for controlling the thermal FLIR camera (tilting, digital zoom, palettes, isotherm*, delta-t*). You are able to control the FLIR camera/gimbal separately.
- The FLIR thermal camera is provided with an 3 axis gimbal for stabilized image.
- Within this setup both camera’s can be controlled separately, so you also can aim (tilt) the FLIR camera to another direction then the daylight camera
With the FLIR LCD touch control unit you have full remotely control over the FLIR thermal camera/gimbal. It allows you control over the Tilt, Palettes, Digital zoom, AGC settings, automatic hotspot detection, Isotherm and Delta-t.
The setup can be delivered with the following FLIR camera’s;
- FLIR VUE thermal camera: The FLIR VUE is the basic thermal camera. It provides standard thermal image. With the FLIR VUE you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom and color settings.
- FLIR VUE Pro thermal camera: It is the same as the standard FLIR VUE, but than provided with an SD recording capture module. Vue Pro records 8-bit digital video in MJPEG or H.264 formats and 14-bit still imagery to a removable micro-SD card so you won’t lose any of your data to transmission loss. Imagery is saved to the micro-SD card and can be retrieved either from the card or by plugging the camera into a USB cable, where your computer will see it as a storage device.
- FLIR VUE Pro_R (radiometric) thermal camera: The FLIR VUE Pro_R is the newest model of FLIR thermal camera series. Vue Pro R captures regular JPEGs and fully radiometric R-JPEGs that can be fully analyzed in FLIR Tools thermography analysis and reporting software. It also records 8-bit digital video in MJPEG or H.264 formats, and 14-bit TIFFs right on the camera so you won’t lose any of your data to transmission loss. Imagery is saved to the micro-SD card and can be retrieved either directly from the card or by plugging the camera into a USB cable, where your computer will see it as a storage device.
With the FLIR VUE Pro_R you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection and color settings.
- FLIR TAU2 thermal camera: The FLIR TAU2 is an advanced version of the FLIR cameras. With the FLIR TAU2 you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection, color settings, isotherm and delta-t (explanation below).
- FLIR TAU2_R (radiometric): The FLIR TAU2_R is the most advanced FLIR thermal camera. With the FLIR TAU2_R you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection and color settings. However, with the TAU2 version you also are able to control the Isotherm and delta-t.
What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t? Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do search and rescue (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an temperature which make spotting this temp easier.
Thermal storage option:
We have several options for thermal recording:
- DVR recorder installed on gimbal: This is an standard DVR recorder with LCD screen installed on the Gimbal side for recording the thermal video. Available for VUE and TAU2. Price 229 euro
- SD Pro capture module: This is the SD capture module which originally comes from the VUE Pro, we can install this unit onto the TAU2. It records video and images. The captured images are radiometric, so can be used for afterwards analyzing. Price 649 euro.
- Teax thermal capture module (only for TAU2_R): For high-end applications where RAW thermal capture is required. The Teax thermal capture module records 9hz video for afterwards thermal analyzing. Specifications of the thermal capture module can be found here.. Price 3200 euro.
The Phantom 4 (pro) thermal gimbal operates standalone (it only needs power from UAV). This means that it is future proof and can be installed on other UAV also. Whenever you decide to upgrade with another carrier, you simply can rebuild the thermal setup to this new UAV also.
With the dual screen you have simultaneously daylight and thermal view. Both cameras can be controlled separately. It has proven that the daylight camera is essential in most applications.
If you have purchased the thermal gimbal for the DJI Phantom 4 but also having an Inspire 1 (for example), then you easily can swap the thermal gimbal between these UAV’s.
With the same powerful thermal imaging core used in the most popular cameras in the world, FLIR Vue gives the same performance for a ground breaking low price, making it perfect for applications like:
– Search and rescue
– Precision agriculture
– Roof inspections
– Power line inspections
– Substation inspections
– Cell tower inspections
– And anything else you can dream up
The thermal gimbal can also be installed onto the optional handheld and optional 10m carbon fibre photopole. This way you can use it indoor and outdoor in situations where you are unable to fly (permits/restrictions).
Q: What is the main difference between the FLIR TAU2 and FLIR VUE camera:
A: The cameras have some differences, but the biggest difference is that the TAU2 is radiometric (14 bit), and therefore DRONExpert is able to remotely control the isotherm and delta-t. On the VUE camera you can control the tilt, palettes and digital zoom, on the TAU2 you can control the tilt, palettes, digital zoom, isotherm and delta-t. In most professional applications this might be needed.
Q:What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t:
A: Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do ‘search and rescue’ (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an window temperature which make spotting this temp easier.
Q: Can i also buy the package including UAV?:
A: Yes, no problem, we also deliver the package ready to fly.
Prices excluding VAT.