We proudly present the new professional 3-in-1 thermal FLIR thermal gimbal with advanced LCD control unit. It is the most advanced and professional thermal gimbal at this moment.
Benefits of the new 3-in-1 quickrelease thermal gimbal:
- Advanced separate remote control of the FLIR camera, remotely control: tilting, palettes, digital zoom, camera settings, playback, radiometric isotherm and delta-t. This settings can be adjusted while the UAV is UAV in the air (tested till 1000 meter)
- Use the thermal gimbal on UAV, handheld and photo pole (ideal for inspection on locations where permit cannot be obtained)
- It operates standalone, therefore it can also easily be rebuild to any other carrier (which can carry payload of 260g). It is very likely that within several months from now, more UAV will be released with better flight time, better specifications than the UAV’s we have acces to nowadays. It will be good to know, that your investment of an thermal setup can be easely re-installed on future released UAV.
- Simultaneously daylight and thermal view
- Not vulnerable for firmware updates; Since it operates standalone, it cannot be influenced by any firmware update on the UAV.
With the FLIR LCD touch control unit you have full remotely control over the FLIR thermal camera/gimbal. It allows you control over the Tilt, Palettes, Digital zoom, AGC settings, automatic hotspot detection, Isotherm and Delta-t.
The setup can be delivered with the following FLIR camera’s;
- FLIR VUE thermal camera: The FLIR VUE is the basic thermal camera. It provides standard thermal image. With the FLIR VUE you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom and color settings.
- FLIR VUE Pro thermal camera: It is the same as the standard FLIR VUE, but than provided with an SD recording capture module. Vue Pro records 8-bit digital video in MJPEG or H.264 formats and 14-bit still imagery to a removable micro-SD card so you won’t lose any of your data to transmission loss. Imagery is saved to the micro-SD card and can be retrieved either from the card or by plugging the camera into a USB cable, where your computer will see it as a storage device.
- FLIR VUE Pro_R (radiometric) thermal camera: The FLIR VUE Pro_R is the newest model of FLIR thermal camera series. Vue Pro R captures regular JPEGs and fully radiometric R-JPEGs that can be fully analyzed in FLIR Tools thermography analysis and reporting software. It also records 8-bit digital video in MJPEG or H.264 formats, and 14-bit TIFFs right on the camera so you won’t lose any of your data to transmission loss. Imagery is saved to the micro-SD card and can be retrieved either directly from the card or by plugging the camera into a USB cable, where your computer will see it as a storage device.
With the FLIR VUE Pro_R you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection and color settings.
- FLIR TAU2 thermal camera: The FLIR TAU2 is an advanced version of the FLIR cameras. With the FLIR TAU2 you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection, color settings, isotherm and delta-t (explanation below).
- FLIR TAU2_R (radiometric): The FLIR TAU2_R is the most advanced FLIR thermal camera. With the FLIR TAU2_R you can control tilt, palettes, digital zoom, auto hotspot detection and color settings. However, with the TAU2 version you also are able to control the Isotherm and delta-t.
What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t? Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do search and rescue (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an temperature which make spotting this temp easier.
Thermal storage option:
We have several options for thermal recording:
- DVR recorder installed on gimbal: This is an standard DVR recorder with LCD screen installed on the Gimbal side for recording the thermal video. Available for VUE and TAU2. Price 229 euro
- SD Pro capture module: This is the SD capture module which originally comes from the VUE Pro, we can install this unit onto the TAU2. It records video and images. The captured images are radiometric, so can be used for afterwards analyzing. Price 649 euro.
- Teax thermal capture module (only for TAU2_R): For high-end applications where RAW thermal capture is required. The Teax thermal capture module records 9hz video for afterwards thermal analyzing. Specifications of the thermal capture module can be found here.. Price 3200 euro.
The 3in1 thermal gimbal operates standalone (it only needs power from UAV). This means that it is future proof and can be installed on other UAV also. Whenever you decide to upgrade with another carrier, you simply can rebuild the thermal setup to this new UAV also.
With the dual screen you have simultaneously daylight and thermal view. Both cameras can be controlled separately. It has proven that the daylight camera is essential in most applications.
If you have purchased the thermal gimbal for the DJI Phantom 4 but also having an Inspire 1 (for example), then you easily can swap the thermal gimbal between these UAV’s.
With the same powerful thermal imaging core used in the most popular cameras in the world, FLIR gives the same performance for a ground breaking low price, making it perfect for applications like:
– Search and rescue
– Coast guard
– Roof inspections
– Power line inspections
– Substation inspections
– Cell tower inspections
– And anything else you can dream up
The 3-in-1 thermal gimbal can be delivered as the following packages:
1. If you already have an UAV: we can provide an ‘Do-it-yourself’ installation package for installation on own UAV. So gimbal package + FLIR camera.
2. Complete ‘Ready-to-fly’ package. A complete package including UAV, FLIR thermal package, ready-to-fly.
3. You already have an UAV and FLIR camera: You can send us the FLIR camera, we install the FLIR camera for you (or through an dealer).
The 3-in-1 thermal gimbal is compatible with:
– FLIR VUE
– FLIR VUE Pro
– FLIR VUE Pro R
– FLIR TAU2
– FLIR TAU2 Pro
The gimbal package contains:
– 3 axis thermal gimbal
– Power cable (for installation UAV)
– Included standalone video transmission (5.8Ghz)
– 7″ LCD diversity 5.8Ghz receiver
– 7″ LCD holder for mounting on UAV controller (dual screen)
– FLIR advanced LCD touch controller USA 915,6MHZ / EU 869,5Mhz (for remote controlling the thermal camera)
– Mounting lock for FLIR controller (for mounting on UAV controller)
– FLIR thermal camera
– Flight case
The thermal gimbal can also be installed onto the optional handheld and optional 10m carbon fibre photopole. This way you can use it indoor and outdoor in situations where you are unable to fly (permits/restrictions).
Currently we have mounting adapters available for
– DJI Phantom 3 (advanced/pro)
– DJI Phantom 4 (pro)
– DJI Inspire 1 (all versions)
– DJI Matrice 100
– DJI Matrice 600 (new)
– Yuneec Q500
… More coming
Automatic hotspot detection:
With the ‘automatic hotspot detection’ you are able to automatically detect heat source. This way you will automatically be notified when detecting (for example) an human temperature when scanning an area.
Q: What is the main difference between the FLIR TAU2 and FLIR VUE camera:
A: The cameras have some differences, but the biggest difference is that the TAU2 is radiometric (14 bit), and therefore DRONExpert is able to remotely control the isotherm and delta-t. On the VUE camera you can control the tilt, palettes and digital zoom, on the TAU2 you can control the tilt, palettes, digital zoom, isotherm and delta-t. In most professional applications this might be needed.
Q:What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t:
A: Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do ësearch and rescueí (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an window temperature which make spotting this temp easier.
Video 3-in-1 thermal gimbal with quickrelease system for DJI and Yuneec:
Prices excluding VAT.